Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kate's New Circle Skirt


So, I’ve always really wanted to learn how to sew (beyond the pillow and boxer shorts I made in grade eight home ec class).  I've always thought it would be nice to be able to make a few simple, cute things for Ben and Kate.  On a whim, I found an online tutorial from one of my favorite blogs, chose some leftover material from a blanket my sister made and braved the fabric shop with two kids in tow.  I chose a circle skirt as my first project.  Could it really be that difficult to cut out a couple of circles and sew them to a piece of elastic?  Well, it was somewhat hard (I should have sewn something with straight lines the first time around), it took a very long time and it certainly isn’t perfect...but Kate looks pretty darn cute in her new skirt.