Saturday, August 13, 2011

Jasper National Park

We spent the last few days in Jasper National Park with my parents at Becker’s Chalets.  The first day we arrived we walked around town, did a little shopping and relaxed in our chalet.  My dad bought Ben a toy fire truck that kept him occupied when he wasn’t busy collecting rocks on our many walks.  He comes by it honestly; I love rocks.  When I was a child, I had buckets filled with my treasures in our garage.  

Ben had an accident the first evening we arrived, flying off the biggest slide at the park. He scraped his chin and chipped his top front tooth.  Luckily, he’s one resilient little man.  Boris and I were more upset by his fall than he was.  

We spent our second day in Jasper going on several walks (one of which was to Athabasca Falls) and celebrating my parents 38th wedding anniversary.  We ended our trip with a soak at the Miette Hot Springs before heading home.  In the span of two days we saw a coyote, a grey wolf, a black bear, a grizzly bear, a mule deer, an elk and tons of (very friendly) bighorn sheep.  I’ve never seen so much wildlife on the side of the highway in my life!  It was pretty incredible.  Other that Ben’s spectacular fall, we had a wonderful little getaway with lots of great stories and memories to share.