Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Randomly, at Our House This Week...




This week, I’ve been housebound with two sick kids.  Both Ben and Kate have coughs that are keeping them up at night, runny noses and they’re cranky, cranky, cranky.  I’m pretty sure Kate is also cutting a tooth.  We’ve spent the last few days playing, doing crafts, reading and watching a lot more TV and shedding a lot more tears than usual.  

On the bright side, Boris and I got out of the house alone last night.  We went for dessert and to the hardware store to buy a wheelbarrow and look at shower doors.  Things that use to be considered “errands” are now classified as “quality time” if there are no kids present.

I’ve been trying to make everything from scratch this week.  We’ve been enjoying Honey Bran Muffins, Chocolate Covered Granola Bars, Chocolate Raspberry Scones (I'm still tweaking the recipe but it's definitely one worth sharing), Beans on Toast, Asparagus Soup and (right after I finish this post) Ham and Potato Soup made from last night’s leftovers.  I’ve been in the kitchen a lot this week, hence the lack of blogging.

I also started the 8 Weeks to a Less Cluttered Home challenge.  It may take a few 8 week sessions to organize every room (including the garage) in our home, but my goal is to have a clutter free house by the end of the summer.