Friday, April 12, 2013

Kate's Two Minute Headbands




So, I’m not really a girly girl.  I can count, on one hand, the number of times I’ve worn a dress since my wedding day over seven years ago.  Most of the time, I have my hair tied back and am sporting lululemon’s and a hoodie.  That being said, I love dressing up my kids.  I have been obsessed with vests/sweater vests since Ben’s birth (proof here, here, here and here).  And I love dressing Kate in girly things.  Now that her hair is finally growing in, I thought it would be fun for her to have a few accessories.  Kate’s hair is still a few months away from being long enough to fit into little clips so I decided to make her some headbands.  I found some great tutorials on Pinterest (here, here, here and here) but in the end, I decided to take the really easy route and buy some Goody Slide-Proof Headbands and flowers (Jolee’s Boutique) and hot glue gun them together.  It literally took me two minutes a headband to cut the band to the right length, glue the headband back together and attach the flower.  I tried to aim for neutral colors that would go with her upcoming spring/summer wardrobe (that is, if the snow ever melts).  Here’s the result; I think she looks fabulous.