Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Kate's First Bites

Kate officially started eating solids this week.  We were a little more relaxed this time around and have been letting her suck on random pieces of fruit for the last few weeks.  I chose to start with pears mainly because I had a jar left over from Ben.  Usually I make my own baby food but between our trip to Vancouver and the cold, snowy weather, I took the easy route.  Kate's been showing interest in food for at least six weeks, if not more, so I was a little surprised that she only seems mildly interested once the food reaches her mouth.  Kate is most receptive when Ben is on the other end of the spoon (except when it ends up a little too far down her throat).  I shouldn't be surprised, she's smitten by him.  In her eyes, he's the best thing ever (let's hope it stays that way)!