Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Watch Me Grow!


Once a week, I sit Kate on the couch next to a brown pillow and take her picture.  We documented Ben’s first 52 weeks of life in the same way.  It’s nothing fancy.  I take the pictures with our point and shoot camera.  The lighting isn’t always ideal.  I just cross my fingers and hope that I get at least one (non-blurry) shot of said child looking at the camera.
 
We borrowed this idea from our good friends and I’m so happy we saw this little project through.  Babies grow and change and learn SO MUCH in the first year of life.  I still flip through Ben’s weekly pictures a couple times a month.  It helps me remember all the firsts we celebrated in those first precious 52 weeks of life.  I love looking back at his facial expressions, seeing glimpses of his personality and checking out all his cute outfits.  I’m hoping to put together a little montage of all his pictures to share soon.  

As the weeks pass, it gets more and more difficult to get a busy baby to sit still.  It’s nothing short of a miracle that Kate sits for at least one photo each week...