Friday, July 22, 2011

Chapter Two: Ben’s Big Boy Bedroom – A New Bed

Originally, I had my heart set on the IKEA LEKSVIK bed for Ben’s big boy bedroom.  It “grows” with the child and would fit perfectly in the small space Ben will soon transition into.  Unfortunately, the only dresser that matches the bed doubles as a change table (they use to have an adult line but it has been discontinued).  Ben won’t need a change table much longer and I need something with lots of storage.  Therefore, I’ve decided that I’m going to get Ben the IKEA HEMMES dresser, buy an old single bed and refinish it.  I’ll be honest, I like things to match, especially furniture, so this is a little out of my comfort zone.  I’ve seen them do it on TV a hundred times though, so it should turn out fabulous, right?  Here are a few examples: