Friday, July 08, 2011

Goodbye Morning Nap

Ben gave up his morning nap this week and overall, it went well.  I think it was finally the right time for him (I tried back in March and failed miserably).  I planned a quiet week of morning activities for the two of us.  It was a great way to kick off summer.  

On Monday, we went for a walk around Gold Bar/Rundle Park, watched the geese and Ben played at the playground:

On Tuesday, we went for a walk around Beaumaris Lake and Ben threw pine cones into the water.  We also browsed Indigo Books and Ben played with the toys:


On Wednesday, we went to IKEA to pick-up Ben’s mini-kitchen:

On Thursday, Ben played with his mini-kitchen all morning and then we went to the library:

On Friday, it was cold and rainy so Ben relaxed at home while I baked and then we headed out to run some errands:

I was a lot more liberal with Ben’s “sucker” use this week.

And he did fall asleep in the car a few times on the way home:


I think we have officially closed a chapter in our lives and Ben is down to one nap.  I really loved having two “breaks” a day but as he grows and changes so must I...