Thursday, July 07, 2011

A Mini-Kitchen in Our Kitchen


I finally finished organizing all of the kitchen cupboards this week.  It took me a little longer than I had hoped but in between I organized the bathroom cupboards, washed, organized and put away 18 months worth of baby clothes and did a quick, preliminary clean of the office.  Some days I feel like I’m no further ahead and others days I can see everything slowly coming together.  Next, I’m going to tackle the closets, then move downstairs into the dreaded basement.  Wish me luck!  

As motivation to organize the kitchen, I decided that when I was done I would buy Ben the IKEA mini-kitchen.  I’ve had my eye on it for a long time now; so it was really as much of a treat for me as it was for him.  I find it so much more rewarding to buy something new for Ben that he’ll love than to buy something for myself.  I guess that’s what happens when you become a mother.  Their joy becomes your own.  

Yesterday morning, we went to IKEA and bought the mini-kitchen.  Boris put it together after Ben went to bed and it was waiting for him when he woke up.  He spent the entire morning opening and closing the microwave, cooking with his pots and pans on the stove and moving his play food from one cupboard to another.  Pure joy.