Monday, October 07, 2013

At the Pool




We spent countless hours swimming at the pool during our stay in Maui.  Both Ben and Kate love water, so two or three visits a day weren’t uncommon.  

Ben’s swimming skills improved a million percent throughout out trip.  On our last day in Hawaii, Ben ditched his water wings altogether.  He would jump into the pool and swim to me under water (I wish I had taken a video).  On the days Ben napped, Boris would put Kate to sleep after sunset and Ben and I would sneak out for a “midnight” or “goodnight” swim.  I loved those moments alone in the pool, beneath the stars with my son.  

Kate, on the other hand, loved the stairs at the pool.  She would climb up and down, splash in the water and blow bubbles.  If it was early enough in the day (and the deck wasn’t too hot), she would walk back and forth waving and flirting with everyone.  









Between the sunshine and all the swimming, Ben and Kate slept like rocks in Hawaii!  Here’s a video of Ben and one of Kate on a typical morning at the pool.