Friday, October 11, 2013

Ben at the Beach




At the beginning of our vacation, I took tones of pictures of Kate walking along the shoreline with Boris.  I’m often drawn to one of my children over the other when I have a camera in hand.  It’s always something simple that I’m attracted to; a particular mannerism or the way the light falls on them.  I often feel like I’m posting lots of pictures of Kate and very few of Ben.  Kate tends to be easier to photograph.  She’s younger and less aware (and she loves the attention).  Ben has never enjoyed being the subject of my photographs.  He dislikes being told to sit here or look there but if I keep my distance and I’m quiet, I can often catch him in his element.  It’s just the type of child he is.  So on this particular evening at the beach, as Ben played in the sand with his monster truck and danced as if no one was watching, I couldn’t keep my eyes off him...