Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Last Day on Earth


So, according to some the world is going to end today at 6:00 PM.  As I write this, it’s already Sunday in some parts of the world so I'm not sure whose clock we're going by?  I don’t personally believe this theory but while I was in the shower this morning, I did reflect on what I would do if it were my last day on Earth.  What would your day look like?

My day would begin with a little extra family time in bed; snuggling, talking and laughing.  I would take a long, hot shower then make a big breakfast (my favorite meal of the day).  Pancakes, hash browns, bacon, eggs and homemade cinnamon buns...yum!  Afterward we would go for a long walk, have a picnic and play outside all day long.  I would sneak in extra hugs, kisses, and ‘I Love You’s’.  I would make sure my mom, dad, brother and sister knew how much I loved them and how much they had shaped my life.  I would let my friends know the same.  I would have dinner at Mikado’s and order what I have always said I would want as my last meal, teriyaki chicken.  At bedtime, I would read Ben as many stories as he wanted and hold him tight until he fell asleep.  Then I would take a candle lit bubble bath and spend whatever time there was left with Boris.

The truth is, no one knows how much time he or she has left.  Life is precious.  Enjoy every moment.