Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Fun


 My brother Michael and I in the summer of 1985

I love summer and I’m so glad it’s finally here!  I’m so excited for all of the activities I have planned for Ben and I throughout July and August.  He’s at such a great age right now; I know we’re going to have a blast.  As much as I love Music Together and the free drop-in library programs we attend, I’m looking forward to having a break, to waking up each morning and seeing where the day takes us.  I’m hoping to cut out Ben’s morning nap so we can spend more time outside before the day heats up.  I have a list of activities/outings I would love to do this summer.  Let the fun begin!

Daytime Activities/Outings
  • Go to an outdoor pool
  • Play in the wading pools at the Legislature
  • Go to a splash park
  • Visit the parks I played at as a child (I know they’ve changed but it’ll still be fun)
  • Go on lots of walks and explore some new neighborhoods
  • Have a picnic in the river valley
  • Go out for ice cream  

Family Activities/Outings